USVI sailing

USVI sailing

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Reached Utila today

I made the 9:30 AM Ferry service on the Utilla Princess from La Ceiba to Utilla. The Island is very small and has a real laid back feel. I've decided to do my PADI Open Water Certification with Cross Creek Divers. They also provide accomodation very close and just behind the school for the 4 nights required to pass the course. My instructor is an Aussie named Max and the persons around my room (a single) seem pretty chill and friendly. There is an island BBQ party tonight that I'll be going to with the Danish couple in the room to the right of mine. I hear the most common lie in Utilla is I'm leaving tomorrow because no one wants to ever leave once they've experienced the relaxed atmosphere of the Island. It's raining just now however. I hope thats a rare occurrence and not an everyday thing.

P.S. - From now on I'm blogging on a day to day basis but will also add on to the first post to bring everyone up to speed with everything thats happened up till now.

No comments: